Author: Keith Ferrazzi
Never Eat Alone is a book on networking and relationship building. Do you want to know more about networking with people, then you should get this book. But before you do, here is a short snippet on what the book is about:
1. Networking is really is who you know and helping one another; and should be deeper than just trading business cards.
2. Treat your life as one big networking event.Ask yourself questions like how many people do you come in contact with every day and how many of them have you connected with? .
3. When connecting with people, make sure to do things like; make small talk, strike up deeper conversations and while you are at it,make sure to be sincere and open.
4. When connecting with people, we should understand that there is a fine line between sincere networking and ambitious fake connecting. The key to maintaining the line is to keep your focus on helping others.
5. When you meet someone new, make sure to do a follow-up from 12 to 24 hours after meeting someone. This can either be in the form of a text or phone call.
6. A follow-up suggestion by him is to send people clippings that would benefit them. It can be in the form of a cartoon that will make them laugh or an article on a subject they love and can relate to.