Author: Robin Sharma
There are a few things to note about this book. First an foremost, ” the Monk who sold his Ferrari” is a self help book and also, it is a narrative story from the view of somebody receiving advice from the monk himself. The book is basically a tale from the perspective of a burnt-out and tired successful lawyer who quit his job and packs it all in and adopts a new lifestyle and the result of it all was an improved health and happier life.
The author shared 7 principles to apply to life to live a happier and fulfilled lifestyle and spoke on each of them and they are:
1. MASTER YOUR MIND: Learn to focus on what is important and eliminate all traces of negative thoughts from your mind.
2. FOLLOW YOUR PURPOSE: Get your priorities straight and focus on them.
3. PRACTICE KAIZEN: Kaizen simply means continuous self-improvement. So constantly seek self-improvement.
4. LIVE WITH DISCIPLINE: Know the importance of willpower even when forming newly picked habits.
5. RESPECT YOUR TIME: Live each day like its your last.
6. SELFLESSLY SERVE OTHERS: Perform acts of kindness for random people you meet in your day-to-day activities.
7. EMBRACE THE PRESENT: Live for today and stop looking ahead, waiting for better days to come. Your better day is today.
This book is sure to resonate in your mind and capable to hook you the entire time you read it as it is an easy book to breeze through.